- My top favorite and top of my itinerary, PANDAS & PENGUINS: I had never seen a panda or a penguin in my 27 years of existence! So, imagine how hype and excited I was seeing them in life!
- It offers an EXTRAORDINARY WILDLIFE: Aside from penguins and pandas, Ocean Park brought me to a different level of experiencing globally outrageous wildlife. I remember waiting in line into what I thought was just ‘film viewing’, we entered a black room and upon opening the black curtains it was as if we landed in Australia. Koalas and kangaroos surprised us. The same feeling got me at Shark Mystique, North Pole encounter, red panda meet-up and even the goldfish treasures!
- THRILLING CABLE CAR RIDE: Prepare to wait in line thus it’s one of the famous attractions in the park also the car only accommodates 6 people at a time. We took the cable car going down which is probably unusual, majority rides the cable car going up to the summit. In our case we took the funicular train and walked our way up to the summit, since the weather permitted us too. I said, thrilling because you will not pass through a straight cable, it goes on different levels which makes it exciting. Excuse me for comparing but I felt more secure in Singapore’s cable car in terms of the quality of the materials used. Nevertheless, the view was equally stunning or maybe even more.
- COLOSSAL AND CEASELESS ATTRACTIONS: It was HUUUUGGEEE! I strongly recommend to come as early as you can to maximize the time in every area, lesser queues as well. I’m telling you, 3 pm onward is the peak of hundred different travel groups arriving. It’s way bigger than Disneyland and has much more to offer. You can find a ride for your age, you can experience the old and new Hong Kong, or you can just walk and enjoy the island air.
- A FAMILY AFFAIR FOR ALL AGES: The park doesn’t limit the things you can see and experience. Bringing the entire family with or without kids is no problem. I enjoy every spot of the park even without trying the hilarious or petty rides because seeing everything with my family is already worthwhile. The rest of our Hong Kong trip here: https://gwendolyntravels.com/2017/11/02/the-pros-and-cons-of-traveling-with-a-big-group/ https://gwendolyntravels.com/2017/11/08/the-best-ramen-in-the-world/ Our HK Disneyland trip here: https://gwendolyntravels.com/2017/09/28/the-best-of-hong-kong-and-macau-in-3-days